Reading

This is the one month anniversary of this blog and I've decided to feature a wonderful painting created by a dear friend of mine.  She painted this last spring and gave it to me as a graduation present.  I had commissioned her to paint me something and when she asked what I wanted, I relayed I wanted "something weird, like the paintings in Eli Cash's apartment in The Royal Tenenbaums.  You know, the usual of people wearing masks and riding dirt bikes and making scary gestures.  Maybe put a rhino in there or something."

She took this bizarre prompt and a knowledge of my personality and created my favorite painting.  It's appropriate to point out that it was this same friend who encouraged me to start this blog.  After the first month it's received more than 4,000 hits.  It's a good start and it wouldn't have happened if it weren't for her encouragement.  To her I'm very thankful.


"Reading"
Painting by Elisabeth Coen


Comments

Popular Posts